Retail Associate - Jost Vineyards
At Jost Vineyards, we believe that making the best wines involves exceptional teamwork throughout our organization. We need you to make a difference as a Retail Associate. In this role you are the face of the organization and responsible for ensuring our guests have a positive experience. We are a passionate team of wine enthusiasts committed to our customers & committed to growing the local wine industry.
Position: Retail Associate
Place: Jost Vineyards
Wage Rate: Dependent on experience
Working Hours: Full time & part time, during peak season, May-October. Must be flexible to work weekends
Reports to: Retail Manager
The Retail Associate is primarily responsible to ensure that guests have a positive experience. They provide guests with information and assistance designed to assist them with their needs. Retail Associates provide the main form of interaction between the public and our brand. As such, they are our primary brand ambassadors & are expected to display & provide a lasting positive image with visitors to the winery and the public at large.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Greet visitors to winery in a positive hospitable manner. Outgoing & dynamic.
- Provide guests with helpful & knowledgeable assistance with their retail shopping decisions.
- Interact with guests to determine wine styles, products they will enjoy.
- Perform opening/closing duties following procedures and checklists.
- Perform all Point of Sale duties & procedures, including credit/debit reconciliation.
- Manage product displays in an ongoing attractive & stocked manner.
- Conduct informative tastings at the product tasting counter in a manner that encourages sales of products.
- Be proactive in decision making.
- Strong ability to multi-task and manage multiple situations at once.
- Ability to work as part of a team & display interpersonal skills.
- Basic computer skills are required.
- Strong problem solving skills.
- Must be of legal age to serve alcohol.
- Able to perform food service procedures on licensed patio.
- Previous retail, food & beverage service and tourism related experience is a strong asset.
Interested applicants may apply to:
email@example.com, with a subject title of Retail Associate