Looking to impress your friends and family? We’ve got just the recipe for you! This savory seafood crêpe features the perfect combination of distinctive Nova Scotia seafood in a creamy sauce. Try pairing it with Tidal Bay for the perfect balance of flavours.
This recipe is featured in the 2018 Taste of Nova Scotia Culinary Guide.
- 6 medium - Mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 6 tbsp - Green onions, chopped
- 1 cup - Cooked Nova Scotia lobster meat, chopped
- 1 cup - Small scallops (or chopped medium scallops)
- 1 cup - Medium shrimp, chopped
- 6 oz - Fresh haddock, diced
- 4 oz - Cream cheese, cubed
- 8 oz - Goat cheese, crumbled, reserve 4 oz for garnish
- 3/4 cup - Whipping cream
- 3 tbsp - Fresh parsley, chopped
- 2 tsp - Ground cardamom (freshest possible)
- 1/4 cup - Chopped green onion (for garnish)
- 16 - Warm, unsweetened 8-inch crêpes (previously prepared)
- Sautée the mushrooms and 6 tbsp green onions in butter until tender; then add haddock, scallops and shrimp, and allow to cook through.
- Add lobster meat.
- Add whipping cream, cream cheese, 4 oz goat cheese, cardamom and parsley in the pan, over low-to-medium heat, until the cheese has melted and mixture thickens.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Fill each crêpe with 1/4 cup seafood mixture.
- Plating: Place two crêpes per plate, top with a bit of crumbled goat cheese, extra seafood mixture. Garnish with chopped green onion.
- Serve with Tidal Bay, as the texture of the fresh seafood cream and delicacy of the cardamom balances beautifully with this wine.
Yield: 8 people